It’s always good to do a website SEO audit from time to time. Or as you near the end of development on a website and you haven’t looked at a page for some time, you need to quickly analyze multiple pages, see what the meta data is on the page, make a few tweaks, and be on with your day.
Well folks, let me introduce you to the perfect solution – the PromInc Productions SEO Tools – Bulk Meta Data Checker.
Meta Data Analyzed
- Meta Title Tag
- Meta Description
- Meta Keywords
- Geo Position
- Heading Tags (h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6)
- Meta Robots Tags
- Language (Meta Tag, HTTP Equivalent, Attribute)
It’s pretty straightforward really and only requires 3 easy steps:
- Gather your URLs
- Get the URLs to the pages you’d like to analyze. You’ll type or paste these into the tool. They can be entered in as one URL per line, or with a delimiter (comma, semi-colon, or tab).
- Run the Meta Data Checker Tool
- This is the tough part – once you enter in your URLs and set the delimiter, you need to click the button that says Check URLs Meta Data. And then, wait – for a few seconds or minutes depending on the number of URLs you entered and how much content is on each page. Being patient is tough… I know, I know….
- When the tool is done gathering the meta data, you simply need to analyze the data and you’re all set! It’s all displayed in a table format for you. But wait, there’s more! You can also export the data to a CSV file for deeper analysis in your favorite spreadsheet software.
Make it easier to run your analysis by adding the bookmarklet to your web browser. Clicking the bookmarklet while viewing a webpage will open and run the SEO Meta Data Checker tool for you. This method only checks one URL at a time, but it makes it quicker and easier to get to your analysis stage.